Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The News-Presenter


When I saw her climb the staircase with grace,
My heart began to flutter despoiling my ease.
From where I stood, I clearly saw her excited, red face,
I was more excited than her, to talk about my case.

She tightly clutched the papers with trembling fingers.
How frightened she looked that moment in my memory still lingers.
And off her blushed face, my eyes I could never take,
It was all like a dream, from which I refused to wake.

With jealousy I watched all eyes fixed on her face.
They forever kept looking at her, those gazers so base!
She belonged totally to me, that I wanted them all to know,
They shouldn’t question my claim, she wasn’t mine yet though.

Mesmerized by her beauty, her I kept watching.
With her, my sweet girl, few girls could be matching.
Little of what she presented made any sense to me,
As I dived deeper and deeper in the Joy’s vast sea.

Now that, like a queen, she was descending the staircase,
I could closely watch her pretty, flushed face.
I don’t want to lie; she really wasn’t the best,
But she was my girl-to-be, and little mattered the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment